OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
(2 of 3)

5) Computer does not turn on​

If you have done everything above and are still having trouble getting your computer to turn on, then you might have a dead power supply unit. I know what you’re thinking–how can that be? It doesn’t work when I plug it into electricity! Well just because the PSUs button light turns green doesn’t mean that there is enough power being sent through its wiring to the motherboard. If it is a standard power supply, I would recommend buying a better power supply so you don’t have to replace it again in six months.

6) Computer turns on but is unable to boot into Windows or any other software​

This problem may be caused by your computer trying to boot from an external device (e.g., flash drive). Turn off your computer and try unplugging everything that isn’t essential for seeing if this helps with the issue.

1662193495780.png

7) Computer shuts off continuously while running​

This again can be caused by your power supply being bad or inadequate, so replacing it with a better one should solve the problem. If this doesn’t work, continue down to the number.

8) Computer runs slowly/freezes randomly/crashes frequently​

Overheating is an extremely common cause of these issues, causing either hardware failure or system slowness. You can buy an external fan for about $10 that attaches to the outside of your computer case and blows cool air inside. If this doesn’t fix your problem, you might have to replace overheated components such as your CPU and GPU.
Note: Make sure you buy the correct replacement parts for your computer.

1662193623273.png

9) Computer turns on but does not display anything to monitor​

This problem can also sometimes be fixed by simply re-seating (plugging in and out of the socket carefully then powering on again) the RAM. If neither of these work, then there may be an issue with either the video card or the power supply, or you may need to replace your motherboard.

10) No video​

The computer boots up fine but I don’t see any picture/video even after trying different monitors/cables (can hear fans spinning etc.)

This can be caused by several different issues. First, make sure all connections are secure. Check the video card to ensure it is properly plugged into the motherboard, and that there are no bent pins on either the card or the socket itself. Check that all power cables are securely connected to both the video card and motherboard.

If this does not fix the problem, you may need to replace your video card.

11) I get a black screen when powering on my computer​

Your first step should be to make sure your video cable is securely attached to both your monitor and video card/onboard graphics adapter (if applicable). Your next step should be to re-seat (plug and unplug several times) your video cable into your video card. If this does not work, try booting up the computer with just one stick of RAM in it. If you are still getting a black screen, power-cycle the monitor several times. If none of these steps have fixed the problem, then there may be an issue with either your motherboard or power supply.

googletranslate

Category navigation