Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits

Some Useful Tools for Overclocking RAM​

There are several tools to assess your RAM's information. Here is a tool that let you get information regarding your RAM before overclocking.

1662196188839.png

CPU-Z:

CPU-Z is a free tool to assess and take notes of your DRAM before overclocking. If you head over to the Memory tab of CPU-Z, you can find all the information there. Additionally, there are XMP settings that your BIOS uses, located under the SPD tab.

Memtest86+: This is more of a testing tool used for stress testing on your PC. It comes with a wide variety of options to run stress tests.
XMP (eXtreme Memory Profiles): As mentioned above, XMP is an additional profile used by Intel to validate overclocking settings. Using XMP can allow the firmware to configure DRAM voltages and latencies automatically.

NOTE:
You can always clear or reset your RAM settings if things don't work for you. If your PC boots up, yet is unstable, you can revert to previous settings in the BIOS. If the PC doesn't boot up at all after a second restart, try to clear the CMOS on your motherboard to reset BIOS settings to default. If you don't know how to do that, consider checking your motherboard's manual.​

googletranslate

Category navigation