EMI on the serial bus.

Roger Spark

L1
Aug 16, 2023
Nogales AZ.
Credits
I bought the IT12 to substitute for the tower that I was using in a music studio. I use an external multi-channel audio interface on the USB 4 channel. As soon as I hooked up the IT12 to the audio interface, I started getting horrible electromagnetic interference (EMI) resulting in screeches, thumps, scratches and howls from my monitors. I can hear every keystroke, mouse move, screen update or drive access. I have tried removing and reinstalling ALL drivers., with no luck. I have ordered a bunch of fancy shielded cables, but my setup was fine before. Anybody else using the IT12 in a music studio setting?

Maser

L1
Aug 18, 2023
italy
Credits
which audio interface are you using? I'm also about to use the IT12 in a music studio with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4.
Have you (and how) solved the EMI issue?

Roger Spark

L1
Aug 16, 2023
Nogales AZ.
Credits
I bought the IT12 to substitute for the tower that I was using in a music studio. I use an external multi-channel audio interface on the USB 4 channel. As soon as I hooked up the IT12 to the audio interface, I started getting horrible electromagnetic interference (EMI) resulting in screeches, thumps, scratches and howls from my monitors. I can hear every keystroke, mouse move, screen update or drive access. I have tried removing and reinstalling ALL drivers., with no luck. I have ordered a bunch of fancy shielded cables, but my setup was fine before. Anybody else using the IT12 in a music studio setting?
So, I think that I am basically talking to myself here, but in case anybody reads this thread, the shielded cables worked. I replaced all the cables in my home studio with the shortest possible shielded cables and the EM noise has been significantly reduced. I did notice that one of the USB-C ports on the IT12 was noisier than the other. I really like my IT-12, but it does give off some substantial RF. Neither my laptop nor tower produce so much EMI. I guess that I learned not to skimp on cables from now on.

googletranslate

Category navigation