Intel iris?

MOC

L1
May 6, 2023
Credits
Your it12 i7 12th gen pre-order says it is Intel iris eligible, what exactly does this mean? And how does it work? Internal? External?
Please advise

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Hi MOC,thanks for posting in the forum.

Intel Iris Xe graphics deliver transformative GPUs and integrated graphics that support creators' smooth designs and rich gaming experiences.
For more information, please refer to the official Intel website

Regarding your question, the IT12 i712th gen has Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics eligible which means the system is equipped with 128-bit (dual-channel) memory that can use Iris Xe,and it is internal. The graphics controller will be detected as UHD or Xe graphics depending on whether the computer supports dual memory channels.

The processors in single-channel memory configurations will default to less than 80 EUs, in alignment with Intel UHD Graphics branding. To use the Intel Iris Xe brand, the system must be populated with 128-bit (dual channel) memory. Otherwise, it will use the Intel UHD brand.

Reya

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 23, 2023
Credits
UHD Graphics and Iris Xe Graphics, which is better?

While both are integrated GPUs, Iris Xe is more powerful with higher frequencies, more execution units, and more memory bandwidth, making it suitable for higher graphics performance needs, while UHD Graphics may be a more suitable choice for those not needing particularly high graphics performance, saving energy and money.

Iris Xe supports higher resolutions and is suitable for gaming with less intensive gaming scenarios, while UHD Graphics is great for gaming with satisfactory stutter rates in most modern games.

The advantages of Iris Xe graphics are its AI Matrix engine, high-quality video streaming and low-power architecture, while the disadvantages are its limitation to Intel mobile CPUs and certain processor-dependent features.

MOC

L1
May 6, 2023
Credits
Hi MOC,thanks for posting in the forum.

Intel Iris Xe graphics deliver transformative GPUs and integrated graphics that support creators' smooth designs and rich gaming experiences.
For more information, please refer to the official Intel website

Regarding your question, the IT12 i712th gen has Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics eligible which means the system is equipped with 128-bit (dual-channel) memory that can use Iris Xe,and it is internal. The graphics controller will be detected as UHD or Xe graphics depending on whether the computer supports dual memory channels.

The processors in single-channel memory configurations will default to less than 80 EUs, in alignment with Intel UHD Graphics branding. To use the Intel Iris Xe brand, the system must be populated with 128-bit (dual channel) memory. Otherwise, it will use the Intel UHD brand.
Thank you for this info. But how does the iris GPU attach to the IT12i712th gen mini computer?
Internal installation? External installation? Will the mini computer be sold with an iris xe GPU installed as an option?

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Our Mini IT12 uses the Iris Xe integrated graphics card, which is a graphics card that is integrated into the motherboard and can only be replaced with the motherboard.

For the Difference Between Integrated Graphics and Discrete Graphics, please refer to this
https: //www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057824/graphics.html
Thank you for this info. But how does the iris GPU attach to the IT12i712th gen mini computer?
Internal installation? External installation? Will the mini computer be sold with an iris xe GPU installed as an option?

MOC

L1
May 6, 2023
Credits
Our Mini IT12 uses the Iris Xe integrated graphics card, which is a graphics card that is integrated into the motherboard and can only be replaced with the motherboard.

For the Difference Between Integrated Graphics and Discrete Graphics, please refer to this
https: //www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057824/graphics.html
Yes, I know the difference between integrated and discrete graphics!
Is the IT12 currently available with integrated iris xe graphics? Or is it still being developed?

Reya

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 23, 2023
Credits
Yes, I know the difference between integrated and discrete graphics!
Is the IT12 currently available with integrated iris xe graphics? Or is it still being developed?
In fact, IT12 has Xe graphics inside when you buy it.
Thank you for bringing the discussion about IT12.:DIf you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Philip Hoefer

L1
May 16, 2023
Australia
Credits
UHD Graphics and Iris Xe Graphics, which is better?

While both are integrated GPUs, Iris Xe is more powerful with higher frequencies, more execution units, and more memory bandwidth, making it suitable for higher graphics performance needs, while UHD Graphics may be a more suitable choice for those not needing particularly high graphics performance, saving energy and money.

Iris Xe supports higher resolutions and is suitable for gaming with less intensive gaming scenarios, while UHD Graphics is great for gaming with satisfactory stutter rates in most modern games.

The advantages of Iris Xe graphics are its AI Matrix engine, high-quality video streaming and low-power architecture, while the disadvantages are its limitation to Intel mobile CPUs and certain processor-dependent features.
The CPU model determines what graphics it comes with. For example i5-1240P comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and 80 Execution Units. i7-1260P also comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics but has 96 Execution Units. More Execution Units means better performance. The i7 can also run the graphics at a higher clock speed.

UHD is noticeably slower compared to Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and found in cheaper / lesser processors!

Reactions: Reya

Asbefore

L1
May 29, 2023
Credits
The CPU model determines what graphics it comes with. For example i5-1240P comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and 80 Execution Units. i7-1260P also comes with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics but has 96 Execution Units. More Execution Units means better performance. The i7 can also run the graphics at a higher clock speed.

UHD is noticeably slower compared to Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and found in cheaper / lesser processors!
I think I need to deal with them in a dialectical way because each choice depends on my use. Not the strong function is good, and the price factor affects some of the features I can not waste money on it. Low power consumption and basic functionality are all I need.

I found these:

UHD Graphics are designed for low-power devices, such as laptops and tablets, and offer basic performance for everyday tasks, such as web browsing, video streaming, and office applications. Iris Xe Graphics are more powerful and support higher resolutions, faster frame rates, and smoother gaming experiences. Iris Xe Graphics also supports advanced features, such as ray tracing, variable rate shading, and adaptive sync. Both UHD Graphics and Iris Xe Graphics use the same 10nm SuperFin process technology and share some common architecture elements, such as the execution units (EUs) and the media engine. However, Iris Xe Graphics has more EUs, higher clock speeds, and larger cache sizes than UHD Graphics, resulting in higher performance and efficiency.

Reactions: Geekom Official

googletranslate

Category navigation