Beekom AS6 Ryezen 9 - Sleep mode issues

AQ's

L2
Jun 17, 2023
London
Credits
Hi everyone,

Just brought a new Beekom AS6 Ryzen9 Mini PC and everything was going well, except when the system goes into sleep mode or I put it on sleep mode manually, the system never wakes up. All I can see is the power light flashing (slow white flash, which means it's gone to sleep mode, I believe), however, when I try to wake it up by moving the mouse cursor or by Cntrl Alt Del, or any other keys, it doesn't wake up.

So I have to do a hard reset or switch off the system completely to get back on again. It's a real shame, after buying a high-end spec machine and getting these teething issues. Any sort of help to over come this issue, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
AQ

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Hey AQ‘s,

Thank you for posting in the forum!

To better solve your problem, please let me know what operating system you are using.

Is it windows or Linux and what is their version?

AQ's

L2
Jun 17, 2023
London
Credits
Hey AQ‘s,

Thank you for posting in the forum!

To better solve your problem, please let me know what operating system you are using.

Is it windows or Linux and what is their version?
Hi there,

Thanks for coming back, am using Windows 11 Pro and I've brought a Geekom AS6, and not Beekom I've as mistakenly said in the original post.

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Hey AQ‘s,

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check power settings: Go to the Control Panel > Power Options and make sure that your power settings are configured correctly. Ensure that the "Allow hybrid sleep" option is turned on, and also check the settings under "Choose what the power buttons do" to ensure that the computer is set to wake up properly.

2. Update drivers: Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause sleep/wake issues. Check our website for the latest drivers for your computer's hardware components, especially the display adapter and network adapters, and install any available updates.

3. Disable fast startup: Fast startup is a feature in Windows that can sometimes cause issues with waking up from sleep. To disable fast startup, go to the Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable. Then, uncheck the "Turn on fast startup" option and click "Save changes".

4. Check for BIOS/UEFI updates: Outdated BIOS or UEFI firmware can also cause sleep/wake problems. Visit our website and check for any available firmware updates for your specific model. Follow the instructions to update your BIOS/UEFI.

5. Disconnect external devices: Sometimes, external devices connected to your computer can interfere with the sleep/wake process. Try disconnecting any external devices, such as USB devices or docking stations, and see if the issue persists.

6. Run power troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in power troubleshooter that can help identify and resolve power-related issues. To run the troubleshooter, go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Power > Run the troubleshooter.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to consider contacting Microsoft support or our support email [email protected] for further assistance, as there could be a hardware-related problem that requires professional diagnosis and repair.

Viruss88

L2
Content Star
May 10, 2023
Credits
Hi there,

Thanks for coming back, am using Windows 11 Pro and I've brought a Geekom AS6, and not Beekom I've as mistakenly said in the original post.
Hi AQ's,

Go to Computer Management
=> Device Manager
=> Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
=> Power Management
Uncheck the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

Try this method to see if it works.

AQ's

L2
Jun 17, 2023
London
Credits
Thank you both for the options that you've mentioned. I'll give them a try and let you know if they work. Will update you later on.

Thanks

AQ's

L2
Jun 17, 2023
London
Credits
Hi AQ's,

Go to Computer Management
=> Device Manager
=> Power Management
Uncheck the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

Try this method to see if it works.
hi there,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the option of Intel(R) Management Engine Interface, potentially because this is an AMD Ryzen PC.

Regards,

Viruss88

L2
Content Star
May 10, 2023
Credits
I'm pretty sure it's just a driver.

Or you can go to Control Panel
=> Device Manager
=> System Device

AQ's

L2
Jun 17, 2023
London
Credits
Hi everyone, yesterday I was just checking some of the USB slots to see if there were fully working, so I just moved my current USB mouse receiver to another USB slot and that seemed to resolve the problem, (it was waking up the PC from sleep mode). It's strange, although now Sleep, as well as Hibernation mode is working. Anyway glad the problem got resolved and appreciate the feedback solutions that were given.

googletranslate

Category navigation