Cooling an IT12?

linuxguy

L2
May 27, 2023
Baltimore MD US
Credits
Are there UEFI/ BIOS settings that increase the fans? If so, what keys are used after starting the PC? F2? Del? Other?
Also, is it possible to buy a supplemental USB (92mm, 120mm, etc) fan to provide better cooling? If so, how would it be positioned? My last mini PC died becuase of overheating, I'd like to give this little PC a longer life.

linuxguy

L2
May 27, 2023
Baltimore MD US
Credits
1. there is a "performance" fan setting in UEFI, I will use this setting it is the highest fan setting.

2. Based on the diagram in the product page, I believe the fans take cool air in from the sides of the case and blow it _down_ (note that the rubber feet are up in the picture). It may be useful to take the plastic top off of the case and install a USB-powered fan on top that also blows air _upward_. My CPU cores are at about 43C during video playback, I'll experiment.

Aomr

L2
May 29, 2023
Credits
HI linuxguy,given the small size of MIni Pc, whether it has enough cooling performance, I don't know. But it's so small that it can't fit a fan in it. You put a USB fan on the top, it's a good idea, easy to implement and feels like it will work. Please let me know your results, thanks!

linuxguy

L2
May 27, 2023
Baltimore MD US
Credits
I bought this fan and compared the CPU temperature during a vidcoder mkv conversion. Without the fan, cores were in the 60C range. I stopped the conversion, placed the fan under the it12 with fan directed downward and core temperatures dropped about 5C. Not as much as I had hoped.

Aomr

L2
May 29, 2023
Credits
Perhaps the cold air effect is not good. I wonder how the effect of this phone cooler is used with a mini PC. It is said that this small thing can cool down the phone to a degree below zero because it is water-cooling. Look at the size of it, it can probably be placed on a mini pc.1686883113714.png

meo

L2
Jun 1, 2023
Deutschland
Credits
Ich habe diesen Lüfter gekauft und die CPU-Temperatur während einer Videocoder-MKV-Konvertierung verglichen. Ohne den Lüfter lagen die Kerne im Bereich von 60 °C. Ich stoppte den Umbau, platzierte den Lüfter mit nach unten gerichtetem Lüfter unter dem it12 und die Kerntemperatur sank um etwa 5 °C. Nicht so viel, wie ich gehofft hatte.

Diese Art von Lüfter ist schon sehr gut - allein schon, weil er ziemlich genau unter den Mini passt und wenn man das Gitter mit den Füßchen richtig herum montiert hat, ist er auch noch sehr leise.
Außerdem ist jedes °C weniger schon hilfreich.

googletranslate

Category navigation