DaVinci Resolve

Rock

L1
Jun 27, 2023
florida
Credits
anyone else use this program? I could render out a 1 hour video to MP4 on my previous IMac in 8-9 mins but using my new IT-11 with the same ram but supposedly faster processor its taking over 30 mins. Is there a setting somewhere in my settings I need to deal with or is this what I should expect with this Mini or did I get a Mini that needs to be returned?

Reya

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 23, 2023
Credits
Dear Rock,

Thanks for posting!

If the rendering speed is too slow in DaVinci Resolve, you can try the following methods to speed up the rendering process:

1. Adjust the render settings: In DaVinci Resolve's project settings, you can adjust the render settings to increase the render speed. Choose the appropriate render format, codec and resolution to suit your project needs and computer performance.
  2. Use cache preview: Enabling the cache preview feature can speed up the rendering process. In DaVinci Resolve, you can pre-render complex effects or transitions and use the cache preview when playing back to reduce the rendering load.
  3. Optimize computer performance: Make sure your computer has enough performance to handle complex rendering tasks. Increasing your computer's memory, CPU and GPU performance can significantly improve the render speed.
  4. Close other background applications: When rendering, close other unnecessary background applications to free up computer resources and let DaVinci Resolve fully utilize system performance for rendering.
  5. Clean up media cache: Regularly clean up DaVinci Resolve's media cache files to free up disk space and ensure that the rendering process is not affected by cache files.
  6. Use professional-grade hardware acceleration: If you often deal with complex rendering tasks, consider using professional-grade GPU acceleration hardware, such as NVIDIA's CUDA or AMD's OpenCL, to improve render speed.
  7. Use proxy files: For larger or higher resolution materials, you can create low resolution proxy files for editing and previewing, instead of using the original materials directly. When rendering, you can switch back to the original materials for the final output.
  8. Update software version: Make sure you are using the latest version of DaVinci Resolve to get the latest performance improvements and optimizations.
Regards,
Reya

googletranslate

Category navigation