Flashing blue light left hand side (not right hand side power button)

magnificent_geek

L1
Apr 6, 2023
Credits
My Geekom mini-pc was completely turned off (not sleep), and I turned on it on and since turning it on, I have a bright blue constant power button light on right and a "driving me crazy" flashing blue light on the far left.

What is going on? What is this flashing blue light? To be clear it is not the right hand side power button, which is also a problem, but I can deal with it as it does not flash.

On a similar note, with the Geekom mini-pc completely powered down (not sleep) I had a flashing orange light with the power button! Goodness, I need help, in a dark room at night when trying to sleep, I've had to throw a black t-shirt over it.

1. Anyone have an explanation of the lights, the colors, and their meaning?
2. How do I turn off the lights?

Thanks in advance! I love the pc, just need help with the lights.

arrisssa

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 17, 2022
Credits
My Geekom mini-pc was completely turned off (not sleep), and I turned on it on and since turning it on, I have a bright blue constant power button light on right and a "driving me crazy" flashing blue light on the far left.

What is going on? What is this flashing blue light? To be clear it is not the right hand side power button, which is also a problem, but I can deal with it as it does not flash.

On a similar note, with the Geekom mini-pc completely powered down (not sleep) I had a flashing orange light with the power button! Goodness, I need help, in a dark room at night when trying to sleep, I've had to throw a black t-shirt over it.

1. Anyone have an explanation of the lights, the colors, and their meaning?
2. How do I turn off the lights?

Thanks in advance! I love the pc, just need help with the lights.
Dear Gfans,
I'm sorry about your exprience with this light. It is disk read/write indicator. Could you give the exact Mini PC Model name you've bought? The name is like "Mini IT8 ".
thank you

magnificent_geek

L1
Apr 6, 2023
Credits
Hi Support,

GEEKOM Mini IT11 Mini PC, 1TB Intel i7-11390H Mini Computer (8 Threads, Up to 5.0 GHz), 32GB DDR4 Windows 11 Pro Small Desktop Computer, i7 Mini Computer 8K UHD | USB4 | WiFi 6, BT5.2​

So I'm looking to understand all lights on front face. You say on the left it is the read/write indicator. That makes sense, but why is it flashing constantly? How to subdue or turn off?

arrisssa

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 17, 2022
Credits
Hi Support,

GEEKOM Mini IT11 Mini PC, 1TB Intel i7-11390H Mini Computer (8 Threads, Up to 5.0 GHz), 32GB DDR4 Windows 11 Pro Small Desktop Computer, i7 Mini Computer 8K UHD | USB4 | WiFi 6, BT5.2​

So I'm looking to understand all lights on front face. You say on the left it is the read/write indicator. That makes sense, but why is it flashing constantly? How to subdue or turn off?
Hi Dear Gfan,
the read/write light should be off when the pc is shutdown. if the light is not turned off it might be becuse there's some program blocked it. you could try to reinstall the system.
you could visit https://www.geekompc.com/support/ the download center to get reinstallation document.

magnificent_geek

L1
Apr 6, 2023
Credits
I think it means that the PC is asleep. The flashing lights are incredibly irritating. So far this is what I see:

Asleep: Irritating flashing orange/yellow light on the circular power button.
Running: Irritating flashing blue light on the far left (opposite of the circular power button)

I believe both of the above to be an incredible design flaw. Some of us have these PC's in our bedroom. In a dark room now I have to deal with the above flashing strobe lights. I'm thinking of black tape or creating some type of black front face for the Mini IT11.

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Dear nagenificent_geek,

Thank you so much for posting and I'm sorry for your feelings.

If you feel the light is disturbing you, you can cover it up with something, such as a sticker.

The lights are there to determine the status of the computer, and without the lights, you can't tell if the Mini pc is on or not.
I think it means that the PC is asleep. The flashing lights are incredibly irritating. So far this is what I see:

Running: Irritating flashing blue light on the far left (opposite of the circular power button)

I believe both of the above to be an incredible design flaw. Some of us have these PC's in our bedroom. In a dark room now I have to deal with the above flashing strobe lights. I'm thinking of black tape or creating some type of black front face for the Mini IT11.

Scopo

L1
Jul 3, 2023
United Kingdom
Credits

Yes it's the sleeping indicator.

Reactions: Geekom Official

googletranslate

Category navigation