it8 shut-off

Rsx

L1
Jun 6, 2023
Madrid
Credits
Hi,sorry for my english.

I have a IT8 with win11, so can I shut-off the windows with the blue-led start button in the miniPC or I have to go tipically in windows - shut-off with the mouse?

thank you

Reya

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 23, 2023
Credits
Dear Rsx,

Good to see you in the forum!
For more information on this issue, please refer to the following

Press the power or use the mouse operating system to shut down the computer, which is better?

If you want to turn off your computer, there are several different methods you can choose from. In this blog post, I will introduce some of the common methods, as well as their pros and cons. You can choose the method that suits you best according to your needs and preferences.

Shut down by pressing the power button

A simple and quick method is to press the power button on your computer directly. This will make Windows perform a default action, usually shutting down or hibernating. You can set the function of the power button in the control panel, such as choosing whether to install updates or save work.

The advantage of shutting down by pressing the power button is that it is convenient and fast, without opening any menus or windows. However, this method also has some drawbacks, such as possibly causing data loss or system damage if you have not properly saved or closed your programs. Also, if your power button is set to hibernate instead of shutting down, your computer will still consume some power instead of completely turning off.

Shut down by operating in the system

Another more secure and standard method is to shut down by operating in the Windows system. This will make Windows close all running programs and services first, and then disconnect the power. You can shut down by operating in the system in the following ways:

- In Windows 11, click the start menu, then click the power button in the lower right corner, and choose shut down.Or right-click the start menu and select shut down.
- In Windows 10, click the start menu, then click the power button in the lower left corner, and choose shut down.
- In Windows 8 and 8.1, move your mouse to the lower right corner of the screen, then right-click the start menu, choose shut down or sign out, and then choose shut down.
- In Windows 7 and Vista, click the start menu, then click the small triangle in the lower right corner, and choose shut down.
- In Windows XP, click the start menu, then click turn off computer.
- In any version of Windows, press Alt+F4 key, and choose shut down in the pop-up window.
- In any version of Windows, press Ctrl+Alt+Del key, and click the power button in the lower right corner of the screen that appears, and choose shut down.
- In any version of Windows, press Windows+X key, and choose shut down or sign out in the pop-up menu, and then choose shut down.
- In any version of Windows, open command prompt (press Windows+R key, enter cmd in the run window), and then enter shutdown /s command.

The advantage of shutting down by operating in the system is that it is more secure and standard, and can prevent data loss or system damage. However, this method also has some drawbacks, such as requiring multiple steps or opening multiple menus or windows. Also, if you need to install updates or save work, shutting down by operating in the system may take more time.

There are multiple methods to turn off your computer in Windows system. You can choose the method that suits you best according to your needs and preferences. No matter which method you choose, please make sure you have saved all important files and data, and closed all unnecessary programs and services. This can protect your computer and information security, and save power and resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MirkaLan

googletranslate

Category navigation