The screen turns black, but the power light stays on (blue)

Aomr

L2
May 29, 2023
Credits
Sometimes, the screen may suddenly go black, but the power light remains on, indicating that the computer is still running. This can be very frustrating and confusing, especially if I am working on something important or am playing a game.

Geekom Official

OUR STORY
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 25, 2022
www.geekompc.com
Credits
Hi Aomr,

Nice to see you!

This is a common problem that many computer users may encounter.
Here are some of the most effective methods that you can try to solve this problem.

When you get a black screen/stuck in GEEKON/can't get into the system, you can try these steps:

Method 1: Unplug the memory stick and wipe the "gold fingers" with an eraser

One of the possible causes of this problem is that the memory stick is loose or dirty, which may affect the connection between the memory and the motherboard. To fix this, you need to open the computer case and locate the memory stick. Then, unplug it carefully and use an eraser to wipe the "gold fingers" (the metal contacts) gently. This can remove any dust or oxidation that may interfere with the signal transmission. After that, plug the memory stick back into its slot firmly and restart the computer to see if the problem is solved.

Method 2: Reinstall the system

Another possible cause of this problem is that the system files are corrupted or missing, which may prevent the computer from booting up properly. To fix this, you need to reinstall the system using a bootable USB drive or a CD/DVD. Before you do this, make sure you back up your important data to another device or cloud storage, as reinstalling the system will erase everything on your hard drive.

Method 3: Replace the SSD and reinstall the system

If none of the above methods work, then it is possible that your SSD (solid state drive) is faulty or damaged, which may cause your computer to freeze or crash randomly. To fix this, you need to replace your SSD with a new one and reinstall the system following method 2. Before you do this, make sure you back up your important data to another device or cloud storage, as replacing your SSD will erase everything on it.

Last edited:

Blackjack

L1
Jun 2, 2023
ME10 4LT
Credits
Thanks for the quick reply. This is very useful.
Sometimes, the screen may suddenly go black, but the power light remains on, indicating that the computer is still running. This can be very frustrating and confusing, especially if I am working on something important or am playing a game.
Hi Aomr, I have the same issue with my GEEKOM Mini IT11 when using a game called Second Life. I only have had this PC since the start of May 2023 and this issue started about 3 weeks after having used it without any problems. Did you ever solve the issue? and if so what was your solution to it?

Aomr

L2
May 29, 2023
Credits
Hey Blackjack,
After replacing the ssd and reinstalling the system, the mini pc was fixed. I think it's a ssd or system problem. But I didn't try to reinstall the system before replacing the ssd, so I'm not sure what caused the black screen failure.

googletranslate

Category navigation